Hi, i'm also starting developing similar game, so i'm glad that i can play your game. I have few sugestions, first the movement feels really wierd, accelerations for vertical movement is really low i think. Next is graphic, i know that you want something like pixelart but textures of tiles making me sick when moving, i would sugest to make them more "clean". I also found that pressing "enter" on my keyboard don't close any menu (when clicking on close) (but mouse can do this) :D Idea of building that structure is great ! that should be main motivation and plot, that you unlock new upgrades by reciewing more data with upgraded structure. Also you could add some way to remove stones, like they could have 10x more HP than regular block. And mayby work on some balancing that would encourage players to dig also into sides. But anyway, keep working, world deserve more games like this ^-^
Mines of Volantis
Press Run Game to play in browser, or download the Windows version below . Both versions support Xbox controllers.
Crash landing on the planet Volantis, you mine through its surface in search of a way home.
- Procedural world: The world is uniquely generated each time. You will never know what resources and artifacts you will find next time!
- Collect: Find valuable resources to sell them and to refuel your harvester.
- Upgrades: To achieve greater depths, upgrade to a bigger fuel tank, or maybe a bigger cargo bay? The choice is yours.
- Escape: Find a way to escape Volantis.
Join Mines of Volantis on Discord!
|Made with||Unity, FL Studio, Paint.net, Piskel|
|Tags||2D, digging, Exploration, mining, Pixel Art, Procedural Generation, sci-fi, Singleplayer, upgrades|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
- Major update and a turning point36 days ago
- Research update released!Jul 05, 2019
- How to determine what's fun and keeping the player engaged.Jun 28, 2019
- Research previewJun 26, 2019
- Telrium-X TeleporterMay 15, 2019
- Improved upgrades menu, thruster fx, new music AND exclusive content!Apr 22, 2019
- Gameplay trailerMar 26, 2019
- Full screen mode for browser now available.Mar 13, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey! Thank you for the great suggestions! Really cool that you're making a game in the same genre. I'm always eager to see what other people create. If you need any advice or have any questions about technical challenges you can PM me on Discord (Siduron#3378).
Hey! I really DIG you game :P
I've been developing a mining game myself and it's so cool to see your way of dealing with game progression.
I look forward to the next updates!
I think the web version is bugged? I bought the thermal plating but the lava still kills me. I don't know where to go from here. I get it's in development though. I love Motherload type games so I'm looking forward to where this one goes!
Thank you for playing! The thermal plating right now is the end goal of the game and has no functionality yet. I am working hard on more upgrades and objectives!
Tons of fun, itching to see more :)
I just played v0.3 this game is addicting good.
Can't wait to see more of it! keep it up
Takes me back! This game has alot of potential! Keep up the good work!